Poderá também gostar:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

sábado, 3 de setembro de 2011

O que é ser Cristão

Today, “faith” can mean many different things, or sometimes nothing at all. When we speak of our Faith in Christ this is what we believe:

1. The Bible, in its entirety, is God’s Word to us. It is divine revelation and we submit to the authority of Holy Scripture. (Psalm 119:11, Matthew 5:17-18, 2 Timothy 3:15-17)

2. There is only one God, revealed to us in three Persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit, and He is all-knowing and all-powerful. (Deuteronomy 6:4-5, John 1:1, 14, John 15:26, 16:7-14)

3. Human beings are made in the image of God and are, therefore, the pinnacle of all God’s creation. That includes all people, no matter what their race, occupation, status, economic level or disability. (Genesis 1:26-31)

4. Nevertheless, human beings are sinful creatures and as a result have all fallen into a state of moral corruption. This state of rebellion has estranged us from the Creator. (Isaiah 53:6, 64:6, Romans 1:25, 3:10, 3:23, 6:23)

5. God is absolutely holy; sin cannot abide in God’s presence. (Leviticus 19:2, Isaiah 6:1-5, 1 Peter 1:15-16, Revelation 4:8)

6. Without a mediator, human beings are forever separated from God by their sin. (Romans 3:23, 6:23; Ephesians 2:1-9)

7. Jesus Christ, God’s only Son, lived a perfect life of obedience to the Father and substituted Himself as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. He became our mediator to bridge the gap between mankind and a Holy, Sinless God. (Rom. 5:8, 6:23, 8:3, 8:31-32, 2 Corinthians 5:21)

8. Trusting Jesus Christ’s death, burial and resurrection for the payment of your sin is the only way human beings can be in perfect relationship with God the Father. Jesus Christ is not just “a way to God” he is “The way to God”. (Luke 19:10, John 3:16, John 11:25, John 14:6, Acts 4:12, Romans 6:23, 2 Corinthians 5:17, Hebrews 12:2)

9. Everyone who receives Jesus Christ as Lord is now viewed as holy before God. Their sins are washed away and they become a ‘new creation’ in Christ. They are born again into the family of God and will live in His presence forever in Heaven. (John 3:16, John 20:31, Ephesians 2:8-9, Colossians 1:21-22, 1 John 5:13)

10. The church, made up of all believers, is the body of Christ and is commissioned to share the gospel of Christ until he returns again to consummate his Kingdom. (Matthew 28:19-20, 1 Corinthians 12, Ephesians 5:22-32)

If you have never trusted Jesus Christ as your Savior, I invite you to do that right now. It is by far and away the best decision I have ever made in my life. I know you will feel the same. I encourage you to say this prayer:

"Dear God, thank you for loving me. I know that I am a sinner and I need Your forgiveness. Thank you, Lord Jesus, for dying on the cross to pay for my sins. I want to turn from my sins and trust You as Lord to take control of my life. I ask You Lord right now to come into my life and take the throne of my heart. From this day forward, I trust You Lord to be my personal Lord and Savior and I will live my life to please you. Thank You God for salvation, eternal life, and a new life in Jesus Christ. In Jesus’ name I pray. - Amen"

If you said this prayer with an open and repentant heart, I welcome you into the family of God!

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário

Os 10 mandamentos do comentador responsável:
1. Não serás excessivamente longo.
2. Não dirás falso testemunho.
3. Não comentarás sem deixar o teu nome.
4. Não blasfemarás porque certamente o editor do blogue não terá por inocente quem blasfemar contra o seu Deus.
5. Não te desviarás do assunto e nem responderás só com links.
6. Escreverás "Deus" e não "deus", "Bíblia" e não "bíblia", "Jesus" e não "jesus".
7. Não usarás de linguagem profana e grosseira.
8. Não serás demasiado curioso.
9. Não alegarás o que não podes evidenciar.
10. Não escreverás só em maiúsculas.